OLG counts on the generous support of parent volunteers in many ways! Most school volunteer opportunities are supported by the OLG Parent School Organization (PSO). All parents of OLG students are members of the PSO and are welcome and encouraged to share their time and talent at our school and parish, after completing the Volunteer Requirements.
OLG is always grateful for your enthusiastic support of our many worthwhile activities and events!
|First Trimester||Second Trimester||Third Trimester|
Most of the sign-ups above are on SignUpGenius. If you are new to this service, here's a brief overview:
- For all-school events, an email will go out to all OLG families with a link to the SignUpGenius webpage where parents can volunteer for the event.
- In addition, events communicated via the OLG website News and the Weekender will contain direct links to the sign-up page.
- Your first time on SignUpGenius, you will need to set up an account. Click here for instructions.
- Once you sign-up for a particular event, you will receive an email confirmation. And closer to the event date, you will get reminders and updates.
- To review what you have signed up for, simply sign in to your account and you will find a summary of all your commitments.
Classroom volunteer opportunities:
Room Parents will communicate needs on behalf of teachers. At the beginning of the school year, there is a coffee for each grade; parents can sign up for many classroom opportunities at this time. Room Parents email the class distribution list to publicize additional volunteer opportunities as they come up during the year. To contact your Room Parent, click here.
Middle School Service Club:
Archdiocesan policy requires background checks, Virtus training, and a signed Code of Conduct for all adults who volunteer in school. This includes any parent/community member who reads to a class, who assists students one-on-one, or who assists in any classroom/school activity, party or event. For some volunteer positions which require driving or handling money, additional steps in the background check process are required. Please contact the parish office with any questions.
New families, please review the Virtus Volunteer Training Information for more information about the training dates and registration.